[MS4W-Users] svg symbols

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Mar 2 09:37:45 EST 2016

Hi Dimitrios,

First I am glad that your architecture is working great with MS4W
(Windows, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, OSM, MapServer).  A lot of work goes into
making that all happen.  Thanks for this positive feedback.

Regarding SVG symbols with MS4W, there is currently a build issue with
that (see the ticket at http://ms4w.com/trac/ticket/3).  This will be a
significant effort, to debug and build.  However if your organization
can help fund these changes in MS4W for the entire community, that would
be a big help, so please contact me directly if you can assist.

At the moment, this is planned for the MS4W 4.0 release, and you can
follow along with that in the ticket and provide testing feedback there
(you can also see release dates through that issue tracker as well).
But to be honest, having funding to dive into this would help make this
a priority sooner.

Thanks again for your positive feedback, I am glad that MS4W is working
so well in your environment.

Talk soon,

-jeff

--