[MS4W-Users] version 3.2.7 available

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu May 3 13:21:45 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

MS4W version 3.2.7 is now available at https://ms4w.com  I was able to
reproduce a recent bug related to PROJ5 and GDAL 2.2.4, which has been
patched in PROJ (you can find more details in the Trac ticket referenced
below), so I decided to not wait & include the patch in a new MS4W release.

Here is a list of changes in MS4W 3.2.7:

	upgraded PROJ support to 5.1.0-dev (trac ticket 165)
	rebuilt GeoTIFF support
	rebuilt SpatiaLite support
	rebuilt spatialite-tools
	rebuilt GDAL
	rebuilt MapServer and MapScript (PHP, CSharp, Java, Python)
	rebuilt MapCache

As usual, note that (if you are using the .zip) your server must have
the C++ Redistributable installed on it beforehand: execute the local
file /ms4w/tmp/vcredist_x86.exe (alternatively if you use MS4W's
setup.exe installer this is done automatically)

Don't be afraid to also provide feedback and requests through the MS4W
tracker (so the comments and requests are not lost or forgotten):
https://ms4w.com/trac/

Also, since most of you work for organizations that strongly rely on
MS4W for your clients, please be reminded that you should be supporting
MS4W development through funding wherever possible.  (this is now much
more important as needs for PHP 7, Python 3, and also the next version
of GDAL all require an updated build environment - please contact me
directly to help along this huge effort with funding)

Thank you all for sharing your spatial information with MS4W.

And happy MapServing!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna