[MS4W-Users] How do we change the environment variable. see the documentation

B.K. ykouadio at gmail.com
Wed May 8 04:33:49 EDT 2019

Thank you. I figured it out.

I am on MS Windows 10 pro. Mapserver 4.0
The original configuration is:
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen 80
With this setting in the httpd.conf the Apache service will not start if
IIS is already running.  If you enter localhost from your browser it will
default to IIS first available html file in inetpub/wwwroot/ folder.

>From command prompt (run as administrator)

*goto to **C:\ms4w\Apache\conf*
*h*ttpd.exe -e warn
You will get this error:
OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its
access permission. : AH00072: make sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:80
(OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its
access permission. : AH00072: make sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
AH00451: No listening sockets available.
Ah00015: Unable to open logs

In fact, IIS won't let go. If you check in the Services, you will see that
the Apache service is not running.

I replaced the original port by the following
#Listen 127.0.0.1:122
Listen 122
This allowed starting the Apache service.
Then launch your browser call localhost with port specified i.e:
localhost:122
You will get to mapserver main MS4W page.

With that you have both Apache and IIS running on the same machine without
problem.
I hope this helps.

Bertin Kouadio